- Category: News
Former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell on Thursday endorsed Barack Obama's bid for re-election, citing the Democratic president's efforts to wind down the war in Afghanistan and tackle terrorism as well as an improving U.S. economy.
"I think we ought to keep on the track that we are on," the Republican, who also backed Obama in 2008, told "CBS This Morning." He added, "I voted for him in 2008 and I plan to stick with him in 2012."
The move comes just days after Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney clashed over foreign policy in the third and last presidential debate ahead of the November 6 election.
-Video After The Jump-
- Bill Clinton In Ohio: 'We're Not Well Yet From This Horrible Thing That Happened To Us'
- Watch The 2nd 2012 Presidential Debate Here
- Complete Vice Presidential Debate 2012: Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan
- RNC chair Reince Priebus grilled on Romney abortion talk
- Romney attacks Big Bird, and PBS...ignores actual problems