- Category: State Senate Newsletter
- Created on Monday, July 09 2012 16:15
- Posted or Written by: Sen. Denise Harper Angel
During the last Interim Joint Committee on Appropriations and Revenue, the Office of the Attorney General provided committee members with a document outlining the National Mortgage Servicing Settlement.
The document included information ranging from settlement compensation help to foreclosure help to who to contact for assistance.
I found the document very informative and wanted to share it with you. If you are in foreclosure or at risk of default, the information below might be of help to you.
Help in the State of Kentucky
Depending on your situation, there are different organizations that may be able to help you.
If you are in foreclosure or at risk of default, contact the following:
· Your state’s toll free foreclosure hotline: 866-830-7868;
· Legal Aid: 800-782-1924;
· The national HOPE Hotline: 888-995-HOPE (4673); or
· Your servicer. For a list of servicers and their contact information, click this link: http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/get-started/contact-mortgage/Pages/default.aspx
Loan Modification Help
If you want a loan modification or refinance under the national mortgage settlement, contact your servicer:
· Ally/GMAC: 800-766-4622
· Bank of America: 877-488-7814 (Available M-F 8a.m. – 10 p.m. ET and Saturdays 9 a.m. ET – 6 p.m. ET)
· Citi: 866-272-4749
· JPMorgan Chase: 866-372-6901
· Wells Fargo: 800-288-3212 (Available M-F 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
If you want a loan modification or refinance and your servicer was not one of the five under the consent judgment, you should contact your servicer anyway. Here is a list of servicer contact information: http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/get-started/contact-mortgage/Pages/default.aspx
If you have a complaint about how your servicer is treating you, contact the following:
· Your state Attorney General’s Office: 502-696-5300
Settlement Compensation Help
If you were foreclosed on between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2011 by one of the five mortgage servicers involved in the settlement, you may be eligible for some compensation. Your Attorney General and the Settlement Administrator will contact people by mail who may qualify for a payment. If you are concerned that you could be difficult to locate, contact your state Attorney General’s Office at 502-696-5300.
If you have been scammed by a foreclosure rescue operator or a debt relief organization, contact your state Attorney General’s Office at 502-696-5395.
If you are a tenant who lives in residence that was foreclosed upon, you can contact legal aid at 800-782-1924.
If you are a service member experiencing mortgage trouble, contact Military OneSource at 800-342-9647.
State Information on Settlement
Your state Attorney General’s information on the settlement: http://ag.ky.gov/mortgagesettlement